The Zilmet SOLARPLUS Pressure expansion vessel with membrane produced under the PED 97/23/CE and EN 13831 directive, is fit for the use in closed solar energy heating systems according to DIN 4757 and EN 12977.
Inside the vessel there is a special solar membrane structured as a diaphragm membrane that separates the gas from the solar liquid.
- completely welded structure, thus particularly reliable and resistant up to 10,0 bar pressure.
- coated with powder which is available in white, silver and red
- special fast assembly system
The Solarplus membrane is the result of a long-term experience in the installation of the ZILMET vessels in the thermal solar systems:
- Possible loading of the membrane through the solar liquid up to 100°C
- stability of any mixture of propylene or ethylene glycol ratio.
- particularly reduced permeability
- certified under DIN 4807
Since the solar membrane is structured as diaphragm membrane, the penetrating solar liquid comes into contact with the wall of the vessel and could therefore get cooled, in order to protect the membrane. Therefore, there is no “thermos effect”, as in vessels with a bladder membrane, because the space of the gas prevents the liquid from rapid heat loss. The result of the particular structure and of the unique features of the SOLARPLUS series is a long-life bound to a high functioning safety!